- 2004 - Facebook. I started a facebook account when it came to Iowa State University when I was a sophomore in school, back in the day that it was only at colleges. I have seen facebook go through many changes, but through it all I would say I am very comfortable with facebook.
- 2009 - LinkedIn. I started a LinkedIn account after I found out about the social media by being involved with a leadership group. I joined because this leadership group created a LinkedIn group on it. I get a lot of ideas for the independent contract projects I do from the groups I am a member of; I love being able to ask questions to other professional and network with people I have worked with.
- 2012 - Blog. I started this blog on January 1st after a long time of thinking about doing it. I am really enjoying blogging and would now consider myself a blogger.
- 2012 - Twitter. I started a Twitter account on January 24th after My Farmer convinced me that following people, such as ag marketing services, was benefit enough to begin an account. I was always a twitter holdout but now that I'm learning the ropes of tweeting I can see the advantages to using this social media.
- 2012 - Pinterest. I started Pinterest at the beginning of February after being asked to give a presentation to a group of farm women on how I use social media and why to get involved. I wanted to tell the women about Pinterest so I figured I'd better join. Now that I'm on it - I love it! It is great to store ideas in one place.
So as you can see, my social media plate is now pretty full!