|Myself, JP, LP, My Farmer and MP|
My blog shares all of my life's passions and roles. At the heart of it all is my growing family. They are the ones who motivate me to do my best and be the best wife, mom and role model possible. My family members include:
- My Farmer: AKA my husband of eight years. We met and started dating while we were freshman at Iowa State University and married a year after graduating. He enjoys farming, butchering and smoking meat, and hunting. My Farmer is not only my husband but my best friend.
- Mr. K (formerly referred to as LP): Our son is 5 years old and loves using his imagination! He likes pretending to be a superhero, an astronaut, animals, Daddy, etc. You name it, he's probably pretended to be it. He also enjoys going to school, and building with LEGOs or going to his "building supplies" (empty containers, boxes and craft supplies) to make his latest creation. He also loves helping on the farm. When he grows up he wants to be a farmer.
- Miss A (formerly referred to as MP): Our oldest daughter is 3 and is known for her big personality! She loves reading books and playing with her baby dolls, which makes having a real life baby in our house a treat for her. She is her brother's best friend and loves playing with both of her sisters. She is a great helper with her younger siblings.
- Miss L (formerly referred to as JP): Miss L is 1 year old and does her best keeping up with her older siblings. Her smile is heart-melting and her angry face is hilarious (despite her best efforts). She loves to read books, play kitchen with Mr. K, play baby dolls with Miss A and give hugs to Miss R.
- Miss R (formerly referred to as Tinker): Miss R arrived in May and has been a very content, easy going baby. Which is a good thing because our family doesn't like to sit still.
- Bailey: My Farmer's and my dog who we received as a wedding present from one of my sisters. She is a great companion and playmate to all of us.
Thank you for checking out my blog - I hope you've enjoyed it! I love getting feedback, ideas and suggestions from readers so be sure share your thoughts. Be sure the check out some of my favorite blog posts including:
- Rules of a Farm Wife (Spring Edition) (This is my list of a few simple rules to make life easier during busy times of the year in the field.)
- Rules of a Farmer (How to Have a Happy Farm Wife (This is My Farmer's response to the above post.)
- Summer Bucket List (I've enjoyed putting together Family Fun Bucket Lists and sharing them here on my blog. This post recaps how we did on our summer list including information from our first "real" family vacation.)
- Comments for a Cause (This is a program I started in 2014 where My Farmer and I give a donation to a new organization or cause each month based on the number of comments my blog receives in the month. I love highlighting local, national and even international groups.)
Other ways to keep up with raising "Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids":