Top 3 Farm Posts
- Reflections of a Lifetime of Farming: I love that the interview I did of my good friend and neighbor Merlin, in honor of his 80th birthday, turned out to be my top farming post of the year. It was a lot of fun to reflect on how farming has changed during his lifetime and I'm so happy to have him as a part of our farm family.
- Ladies Night Out in the Field: In September I was apart of the inaugural CommonGround Iowa Ladies Night Out in the Field event. This event brought together 40 women from Central Iowa to talk about food, farming and family, all while having a beautiful dinner party at the Kellie Blair Farm. The conversations and connections made at this event were awesome and I can't wait to be apart of the 2nd Annual event next year.
- I'm an #ActualLivingFarmer: This winter there was a hashtag, #ActualLivingFarmer, that caught my eye and became trending on Twitter. The hashtag was meant for farmers to share their story of who they are and what they do, as less than 2% of the US Population is a farmer. Included in this post is my initial tweet and links to several posts that share about my family's farm.
Top 3 Family Posts
- Clear Lake's Yurts - A Family Bucket List Must!: This was my overall top read blog post written in 2017 and I'm not surprised. Immediately after this post was written it was shared hundreds of times on Facebook. The Yurts in Clear Lake, Iowa are a unique camping option in North Iowa that my family loves going to and can't say enough good things about.
- Iowa Ice Cream Road Trip: For the last four years my family and I have been going on an Iowa Ice Cream Road Trip every June in recognition of National Dairy Month. This year on National Ice Cream Day we shared all of our stops over the last four years and hopefully inspired some others to go out and discover these fun and delicious ice cream shops.
- 6 Truth About Being a Mom of 4 Kids: This was a fun post I wrote about life as a Mom with four young children. It was fun to share about how life and my parenting style has changed through the years and as we have added more kids to our family. Being a Mom is something I love and am very proud of.
Top 3 Recipe Posts
- Rum Logs: My top recipe post was a family favorite that I shared during Christmas Cookies Week earlier this month. This recipe was handed down from my Great Grandma, who I loved and admired and was lucky enough to have as a part of my life for over 20 years. Rum Logs are a light and slightly sweet cookie that will melt in your mouth and that are a perfect compliment to a glass of Egg Nog!
- Easy Pecan Sticky Buns: This is one of my go to recipes that I love to make when we have family and friends over for breakfast and brunch. It is easy to make, a hit with all ages and you've got to check out what the secret ingredient is that make these rolls extra sweet!
- Apple Oatmeal Coffee Mug Cake: This recipe was shared during this year's Apple Week and is a perfect recipe when you want to indulge a little. I love making this Mug Cake anytime of the day - breakfast, snack or as an evening dessert.
Top 3 Comments for a Cause Posts
- Ashland Community Foundation Fire Relief Fund: This Spring there were some devastating wildfires that affected ranchers in Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas and Colorado. During April I raised awareness and donated to one of the hardest hit areas. The damage and losses from their wildfires were horrible, but the outpouring of support from farmers from across the nation was amazing.
- Houston Food Bank: My heart hurt for everyone that was affected by the Hurricanes at the end of the summer, including Hurricane Harvey which hit the Houston, Texas area hard. As a way to help those affected, I donated money to the Houston Food Bank's Harvey Disaster Relief fund. I also joined up with some other food bloggers to share some Texas inspired recipes to help raise awareness for relief needs and efforts.
- Franklin County Freedom Rock: My home county is getting ready for our Freedom Rock to get finished as part of the 99 County Freedom Rock Tour. This winter the official rock was moved to it's final home and the rock is scheduled to get painted in 2018. My family even went on a mini-tour of other area county Freedom Rocks to get excited for ours to get finished!
What was your favorite post from 2017? Did you discover any new post from the top 2017 lists? Be sure to check out my BestNine Instagram photo too! Remember to Comment for a Cause!