Now don't get me wrong, my family and I have been having a great and fun summer checking things off our bucket list, playing outside and simply enjoying each other. But at the same time, with just a 3 year old and a 13 month old I will admit that I have possibly started over-scheduling ourselves. Each Monday and Wednesday the kids have activities that we travel to, and it seem like I have some sort of meeting at least once a week, plus then trying to get stuff done on the farm and at home, all while trying to stay up on laundry and dishes and whoosh - my week is over and I've marked maybe one or two things off my to-do list it seems. So does this mean that I am maybe in that one-third of stressed Americans? Ummm, maybe, but I don't think quiet yet. But to be on the safe side I'm going to start or reinstate some habits to help me combat the summer stress:
- Wake up at the same time, every day, all week long AND go to sleep at a decent time to ensure I'm getting plenty of rest.
- Keep up on my laundry and house cleaning routines.
- Drink plenty of water all day long.
- Get up and move! Go on a walk or have some type of physical exercise daily.
- Enjoy the little things with my family.
It seems with longer days I just want to fit as much as possible into them, but I need to remind my self to enjoy and relax. Has the summer heat gotten to you this year or have you been enjoying your summer? What are some tips you can share on how to beat summer stress? Remember to Comment for a Cause!