Here is a simple list of five things I do to help teach LP his ABCs and 123s:
- Count Out Loud and Often: We count the number of stair steps we take, the number of bananas we buy at the grocery store, the number of books we check out from the library, etc. You can find ways to count everyday!
- Sing Songs: Along with singing the "Alphabet" song with your toddler, also sing songs like "Five Little Monkeys", "One, Two Buckle My Shoe", etc. LP learns really well through song.
- Read Books: Read alphabet books such as Curious George's ABCs, Alphablock, and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and counting books like 1 Little, 2 Little, 3 Little Elephants,5 Busy Ducklings, and Butterfly Colors and Counting.
- Print Worksheets: There are tons of websites available that have free number and letter worksheets. My favorites are from Parents magazine: alphabet worksheets and number worksheets.
- Bath Letters and Numbers: Incorporate some "learning time" into your next bath routine with these fun Bath Letters and Numbers from Nuby.
Nuby's Bath Letters and Numbers are a great bath toy to add to your collection. Both LP and MP enjoy playing with them, as they float in the bath tub and easily stick to the walls of the bath tub after they get wet.
It is fun writing LP and MP's names with the letters and seeing LP recognize both letters and numbers. He especially likes lining the numbers up on the wall. The foam letters and numbers come in a variety of colors and designs that make the learning experience fun. The set comes with all 26 letters and 10 numbers. I would highly recommend Nuby's Bath Letters and Numbers for every family with toddlers. Our family has enjoyed this product so much that Nuby is giving away a set to one lucky follower. Comment how you enjoy teaching your toddler their ABCs and 123s and then enter for more chances to win your own set of Nuby's Bath Letters and Numbers:
If you would like to get your own set of Nuby's Bath Letters and Numbers check out BuyBabyDirect.com. Also, be sure to get connected with Nuby through their various channels of social media:
I love being a Mom, how about you? Check out a couple of my favorite posts about being a Mom to now four children: