I can't believe it is already Friday of Christmas Cookies Week! I hope you have been following #ChristmasCookies on social media to see all of the delicious cookie recipes from over 30 bloggers. When I first found out that Nielsen-Massey was sponsoring Christmas Cookies Week I was excited to try their different vanillas and extract flavors and was drawn to their Peppermint Extract. Afterall, how much more festive can you get than peppermint!
These buttery, crispy, Peppermint Sandies have just the right balance of flavor and are the perfect refrigerated cookie to add to your Christmas Cookie platter.
1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup Shortening
3 cups Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup Peppermint Baking Chips
In a large mixing bowl, combine sugars, butter and shortening. Add eggs and peppermint extract and combine till light and fluffy. Mix in flour and baking soda well. Stir in peppermint baking chips.
Divide cookie dough in half. Shape each half into 2 inch diameter log. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill 2 to 3 hours, or until firm.
Cut logs into slices. Bake cookies at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are light golden brown. Cool completely before storing.
Now it is your turn to make these cookies by winning the Nielsen-Massey Flavor Extracts Package! Be sure to enter below!
What Nielsen-Massey flavor extract would you like to try? Be sure to Comment for a Cause and check out the rest of today's Christmas Cookies Week recipes:
- Almond Spice Christmas Wreath Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Black Forest Brownies by Palatable Pastime
- Chewy M&M Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Chocolate Orange Blossoms by Family Around the Table
- Chocolate Marshmallow Meltaways by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Gingerbread Madeleines by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Greek Baklava by House of Nash Eats
- Honningkagehjerter by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Lemon Ginger Crinkle Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Lemon Pizzelle Della Sondra by Girl Abroad
- Grandmas Lily’s Thumbprints by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mocha Biscotti by Books n’ Cooks
- No Bake Christmas Tree Cookies by Cooking with Carlee
- No-Bake Eggless Chocolate Salami by All That’s Jas
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies by Simple and Savory
- Peppermint Meltaway Cookies by Making Miracles
- Peppermint Sandies by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies by Soulfully Made
- The Old Fashioned Cookie by Making the Most of Naptime
- White Chocolate Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by The Bitter Side of Sweet