- Go Camping at Beed's Lake or Pine Lake - We didn't get this accomplished but we did do a lot of backyard camping. So I'm calling this one half-way done!
- Host a Baconfest on our farm - This didn't happen and won't be happening. I guess we'll just have to go to area Baconfests this winter to make up for it :)
- Check out RAGBRAI Bicyclists as they come through North Iowa - We didn't do this either! We saw RAGBRAI support teams but decided to stay away from as much RAGBRAI traffic as we could.
Have fun at a Surf Ballroom Rock "n" Tots lesson- We not only had fun at one Rock "n" Tots class but the entire summer's worth of classes. This was a great program that we look forward to participating in again next year! LP channeling his inner Buddy Holly
while playing his rubber band guitar
on stage at the Surf Ballroom in Clear Lake
- Watch one of the Fireworks Shows during the Pyrotechnics Guild International (PGI) convention - We had good intentions to go up and watch a show but never made it! Next year!
- Go to an Iowa Cubs Baseball Game - We didn't get this accomplished either! Maybe I shouldn't have looked at our bucket list...
Shop the Des Moines Farmer's Market- I got to do this with my Mom and one of my sisters earlier this summer! I enjoyed everything from my breakfast burrito, to picking up some salsa, to purchasing some cute clothes and toys for the kids. The Des Moines Farmer's Market really does have a bit of everything! Visit a Science Center or Children's Museum- I am happy to say that we have gone on a couple two-day getaways this summer and one was to Des Moines a couple weeks ago. We visited the Iowa State Fair, the Blank Park Zoo and the Science Center of Iowa. The entire family had a great time! There were so many hands-on activities at the Science Center. We will definitely be back and will be sure to check out more science centers on our travels. LP testing his Lego car at the
Science Center of Iowa
Go on an Iowa Ice Cream Trip- Throughout June's Dairy Month we traveled to an Iowa ice cream destination weekly. We had a lot of fun visiting Decorah's Whippy Dip, Hudson's Hansen Dairy, LeMars's Blue Bunny, and Mason City's Birdsall's. I think we might just have to do this again next year! MP enjoying her own ice cream cone at Blue Bunny in LeMars
- Continue our Tradition of going on a Family Vacation - And this is going to be happening soon! We are excited to get away for a few days in South Dakota. I'll be sure to post about our trip afterwards!
So, we didn't do as well as I thought we did, but nonetheless, we've had a great, fun-filled summer. Did you make a Summer Bucket List? How did you do? Remember to Comment for a Cause!