Last weekend I visited Enchanted Acres, located west of Sheffield, Iowa, with the North Iowa Bloggers. My family and I enjoyed exploring the pumpkin patch and painting pumpkins. We have had fun going on a family visit every year since its opening in 2012. In fact - here is a list of our family's 5 Favorite Things to do at Enchanted Acres.
At the end of the evening, while we were all hanging out on their hexagon fire pit swings, I asked Enchanted Acres owner, Shannon Latham, what she was most excited for this year at the pumpkin patch. Without hesitation she said, Art Box Painting! And that got me thinking about all of the fun activities Shannon plans for the patch's season, not only for families, but also some for adults only.
So grab some of your girlfriends and head out to the Big Red Barn at Enchanted Acres and have a Girls Night Out:
- Saturday, September 23rd at 2 p.m., Pumpkin Succulent Class, prices vary
- Sunday, October 1st at 1 p.m., String Art Class, $35
- Saturday, October 7th at 1 p.m., Farm to Table Cooking Workshop: Pumpkin Butter-stuffed French Toast and Pork Breakfast Sausage, $25
- Sunday, October 8th at 2 p.m., Art Box Painting Workshop, $45
- Saturday, October 14th at 2 p.m., Creative Spirits Painting Class, $35
- Sunday, October 22nd at 2 p.m., Farm to Table Workshop: Herbs and Butters, $25
If you can't make a class, you can still go with your friends to Enchanted Acres to get pumpkins, gourds, mums and to check out their gift shop with lot of fun decor items and food! The pumpkin patch is open Fridays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. General admission is $5 per person (children age 2 and under are free), and on Fridays the admission is waived.
So which class would you love to go to with friends? Remember to Comment for a Cause!