At the conference I really enjoyed connecting with people I followed on Twitter and knew only by their Twitter handle until yesterday. I got to meet @DarcyMaulsby and @farmnwife, as well as reconnect again with @JPlovesCOTTON and @chrischinn. Throughout the day everyone was encouraged to tweet the speakers as well as tweet about the conference. As one of my retweets from @LathamSeeds said, "You have to love a conference where you're encouraged to look down and "engage." At last, permission to Tweet!" I had never tweeted so much in one day until yesterday, so much my battery wore out on my phone in the afternoon and I had to be selective on my afternoon tweets. At the conference I had over 30 tweets!
Some of my favorite tweets from yesterday were:
- Twitter is like social media tofu, says 140 Conference founder @jeffpulver. #140ConfDM is taking on its own flavor here in Des Moines.
- The story of growing up & kids can be mean when don't understand but he has found social media breaks those stereotypes @fblj #140ConfDM
- Be engaged! Who really knows you? Simply become who you are @jeffpulver. #140ConfDM
- Bacon is the word for #140ConfDM #bacon
- Listening to @TheBrandChef - Be able to focus your story #140ConfDM
Overall I had a great time and learned several tips on how to be more effective with both Twitter and my blog. I also learned about some new tools and websites of interest. If there is a 140 Conference in your area I encourage you to attend and check it out.