- Embrace the weather and go sledding, make snow angels or simply teach your kids to catch snowflakes on their tongues.
- Celebrate "Library Lover's Month" in February and check out books for the entire family.
- Have an inside picnic. (LP loves doing this currently.)
- Bake cookies and share them with neighbors, friends, or family.
- Make a fort out of blankets, pillows, chairs, etc. in the house.
- Go to a local sporting event such as a basketball game, wrestling meet or hockey game. (Our family personally loves going to at least one hockey game each winter.)
- Go bowling. (And the best part of bowling with kids is that everyone gets to use the bumpers!)
- Go to the movies or have a movie and homemade pizza night at home.
- Send a hand-written "just because" letter or postcard to an extended family member or good friend.
- Take a step out of your normal routine and do something new, different and special as part of Random Acts of Kindness Week, February 10-16.
I hope these ideas can help you combat the "winter blues"! What is your favorite thing to do during the winter?
Be sure to Comment for a Cause!