- Sing while you soap up: I have made up little dittys that I sing while applying shampoo and soap on the kids. They both love it and LP even sings along. If you don't feel comfortable making up your own song, sing classic kid songs like "Wheels on the Bus", "You Are My Sunshine" or "Old MacDonald" while the kids are getting soaped up!
- Tickle: You need to be careful while doing it but why limit tickling to dry land only.
- Read a book: Most bath times at our house take place right before bedtime, so to help with the winding down process before bed, I'll read them a book while they play in the tub.
- Let their imagination run wild: LP's imagination is amazing and bath time is a perfect environment for him to discover open seas in his boat or pretend he's a fish in the ocean.
- Play with toys: Some of my kids' favorite bath toys include cups, bowls, and a strainer. And that is why it was so much fun to add Nuby's Splish Splash Stacking Cups to our bath time toy collection.
Both LP and MP love Nuby's Splish Splash Stacking Cups. They are recommended for children 9 months and older, and like I said, both my 9 month old daughter and 3 year old son enjoy them. There are five cups in the set and each cup has holes in it like a strainer, which creates a waterfall effect. LP loved racing cups against each other seeing which one would empty first and MP loved running her hands through the waterfalls trying to catch the water. Another added bonus to the cups is that they come in a variety of colors and each ascending size has a different number assigned to it, 1-5, so you can teach counting and numbers, colors and shapes with toddlers. The cups also stack two different ways which is great for teaching coordination.
If you are interested in getting your own set of Nuby Splish Splash Stacking Cups check out these retailers:
- buybuy Baby
- Bed Bath & Beyond