On Tuesday, I asked you all to think through what you can do to address one of the key questions of this year's World Food Prize, "Can we feed 9 billion people by 2050?". For me personally, it is easier for me to first think about what I can do for people in my "backyard."
- Help your local food bank. Check out my guide that includes six different ways to contribute.
- Volunteer to organize meals or serve a meal yourself at your local soup kitchen.
- Contact your local school to see how you can help with their efforts to feed their students. Maybe your school has or needs a back pack program, or maybe an after-school snack program.
- Sign up to help package meals or make a donation towards a meal packaging initiative, such as Meals from the Heartland.
- Participate in your local CROP Hunger Walk.
- Support groups like Self-Help International, which partners with people in Ghana and Nicaragua on training and education for young farmers, micro-credit loans for women and school feeding programs.
What are you going to do to celebrate World Food Day? What other ideas do you have? Remember to Comment for a Cause!