The #140ConfAgIowa conference was an agriculture social media conference whose attendees included farmers, ag business professionals, social media experts and others just interested in agriculture and social media. One neat thing I thought about the event was that there were several people from the county I live in not only as attendees but as speakers at the event. There were 16 speakers that spoke each for 10 minutes, which equaled to be three hours of quick hitting information on things like how to "speak consumer", to tips on how to share messages, to resources for facts and figures. I spoke on how to start a blog from a beginner blogger's perspective. I covered things to think through before beginning a blog and also shared a couple tips I have learned in my eight months of blogging. Click here to check out my presentation video.
|Me speaking at the #140ConfAgIowa conference|
- Use "consumer speak" not "science speak" #140ConfAgIowa @abbyjowhite @bestfoodfacts
- @katieolthoff emphasizes for ag folks to reach out beyond #ag! #140ConfAgIowa
- @FBLJ People outside of #ag want to meet the "right type" of #farmer. How can we show that we are all "right" farmers? #140ConfAgIoa
- Whether #cotton or #bacon, @JPlovesCOTTON says you can find your niche on Twitter. "Agriculture" is a niche itself. #140ConfAgIowa
- @LathamSeeds How can we create virtual experiences that turn into reality. #140ConfAgIowa
Overall, I had a great time learning and networking. The common threads from the day were to be yourself and to diversify your audience. If you have a #140Conf in your area be sure to attend!
Here are a couple other takes from the #140ConfAgIowa conference that you might find of interest: