The #140ConfAgIowa is Friday, August 17th from 2 to 5pm at the Scheman Building on the Iowa State Campus in Ames, Iowa. This three hour event will consist of presentations discussing social media and agriculture in ten minute segments - with plenty of time for questions, cocktails and networking afterwards.
Here is a list of several speakers who I'm looking forward to listening to:
- Katie Olthoff from "On the Banks of Squaw Creek"
- Larry Sailer - a farmer from Geneva, Iowa
- Heather Lilienthal from Iowa Farm Bureau
- Janice Person from Monsanto
- Darcy Maulsby - a farmer and writer from Yetter, Iowa
- Jeff Caldwell from Successful Farming/Meredith Publishing
- Laura Nguyen from Dupont Pioneer
- April Hemmes - a farmer from Hampton, Iowa who recently did an agriculture mission to Uganda
- Shannon Latham from Latham Hi-Tech Seeds
- Emily Pritchard from the Fred Hoiboar campagin
- Deb Brown from Debworks
(I know you might think this would be the entire line-up, but it isn't! There are even more a great speakers on the schedule.)
If you would like to learn more about the event, check out the event's website, as well as schedule, and then order your $10 ticket online.