Country Bunkin Mama). Liebster means dearest or lovely in German. This award is a great way to discover new blogs. As a recipient of the award I must:
- Link back to the blog that nominated me
- Answer the questions posed by my nominator
- Share 11 random facts about myself
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers on Google Friend Connect, or Networked Blogs, or Google +, or Pinterest, or less than 200 likes on Facebook
- Also eligible are bloggers who have less than 200 posts
- Also eligible are bloggers who have been blogging for less than 2 years
- Share my preferred way for readers to follow my blog
- Create 11 questions for my nominees to answer
- Contact my nominees
So here it goes...
Questions from Country Bunkin Mama:
- As a kid what did you do that got you in trouble? I would have to say the biggest trouble I got into growing up was for drinking underage in high school.
- What do you miss about being a kid? Being able to just live and enjoy life and not worry about obligations, bills, etc.
- What is your first memory of being excited? My memory is failing me right now but probably going to school.
- What was the first thing you bought with your own money? Clothes. My parents put my sisters and I on clothing allowances when I was in second grade.
- What story does your family always tell you? Lately I've been hearing stories about when I had new baby sisters come home from the hospital or how we played when I had baby siblings. The best is once after arriving home from grocery shopping my Mom ran inside with the first round of frozen and refrigerated food and told my sisters and I to wait in the car. When she got back to the car she saw me carrying my youngest sister out of the car (who was a couple months old at the time) by her head/neck and I told my Mom that the baby needed her. She calmly said - yes, the baby does need me. She said it was hard to not freak out when she saw me and my sister but knew it'd be best if she calmly approached me.
- If you were to turn on your most used music device right now what genre of music would be playing? Does AM Talk count??? If I'm actually listening to music, I listen to country music primarily.
- Are you a night owl or a morning dove? Can I say both? I'd prefer to be more of a morning dove because it is a great way to start the day and I'm a lot more productive in the morning then I am at night.
- If you could travel in time just once, what year would you travel to? I think it'd be fun to experience the roaring '20s.
- What is your favorite board game or card game? Black jack.
- Traveling only by car where is your favorite road trip destination? Yellowstone.
- What is your favorite social media platform? I probably use Facebook the most but I enjoy Twitter, Pinterest and of course Blogging!
11 Random Facts About Myself:
- I am the oldest of three sisters.
- When my sisters and I were younger and played "jobs" they were a teacher and a veterinarian, I was the person who weighed trucks at the grain elevator.
- I played the trombone in band in middle school and high school.
- I have a scar on my back from falling down the stairs as a kid.
- My husband was the first guy I ever said "I love you" to.
- My husband and I started dating our freshman year in college but discovered we had been at the same place at the same time many times before college, the earliest realization being a honor band in 5th grade.
- I have really bad eyesight - without my contacts or glasses I couldn't see the big "E" on the eye chart.
- I don't drink coffee.
- I consider myself to be a strong Christian with solid moral convictions.
- I prefer to have as little email as possible in my inbox but over the course of the last couple of months I have gotten behind and have over 100 emails sitting in my inbox - I feel so behind!
- I have a collection of aprons that I both use and display in my kitchen (every apron has been worn at least once).
My Nominees Are:
- Prairie Princess
- Stories of a First Generation Farm Wife
- [j.l.d.] Photograph
- COUNTRY LINKed
- FenceRow to FenceRow
- The Udder Side
- Full Her Life
- Suzanne's CommonGround
- Adventures of a Semper Fi Family
- Adventures in Mommyhood
- Marvelous Mommy
Preferred Way To Follow Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids:
I prefer readers to follow my blog two different ways - facebook or bloglovin'.
My blog's facebook page not only includes blog updates, but also includes extra photos and questions for readers' to answer. I love how starting my facebook page just four month ago how much I've been able to interact with readers as well as gain new followers!
My preferred way of catching up on blogs is bloglovin' and I encourage all of you to start a bloglovin' account to keep up with all the blogs you follow. I use to use Google Reader to subscribe to blogs but that program is actually shutting down on Monday. Learn more by checking out my post on making the switch to bloglovin'.
Questions for my Nominees:
- Are you a night owl or a morning dove?
- What is the first thing you think about or do in the morning?
- What is the last thing you think about or do before you go to bed?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- Do you look more like your father or your mother?
- Do you have any pets?
- What is your favorite social media platform?
- What is your favorite food?
- If you were to turn on the radio right now, what station or type of music would the radio be turned to?
- What do you wish you had more time to do?
- What are you looking forward to the most this summer?
Thank Val! I have a couple of posts scheduled for next week already, but I'll get around to answering the questions! I love learning more about you, because I keep realizing we have more and more in common-my husband was also the only man I ever told I loved! And I said it first!ReplyDelete
I am the youngest of three sisters and I don't drink coffee either. I love the questions! Thanks so much for nominating me!ReplyDelete
Aww... The bits about you and your husband are great. Thanks for accepting and continuing the nominations!ReplyDelete
Just now saw this! Way behind on many things, but trying hard to get caught up. Thank you for the nomination. I hope to get this done, but will not make promises. Do love your questions! And I can relate to many of your answers.ReplyDelete