|My Sister and Brother-in-Law |
after he was sworn in at the Des Moines Police Department
- To be flexible. Plans will be broken and holidays missed. I've learned to expect that our schedule will always change.
- The importance of a kiss good bye. Always remember to say "I love you" before he heads to work. It's easy to forget sometimes how dangerous his job can be, so making this a priority is important.
- That the "cop" in my husband is always "on". Whether we're driving to the grocery store or sitting in a restaurant, my husband is always thinking like a cop. He is always aware of our surroundings and the people in them.
- To believe. Not only in the person behind the badge - but in the job itself. Because it's not just their job, it's who they are. Supporting them and their profession makes all the difference.
- That this "blue family" truly is just that. A family. And that when times get tough we will all bind together. Friends and strangers alike, we are all deeply connected through this profession.