- Blog Regularly. Last year I set a goal of blogging at least three times a week. I am going to work towards that goal again this year.
- Promote More Through Social Media. This year I'm going to look into sharing my blog through more social media avenues and on a more regular basis. Currently I send out one tweet and one Facebook post per blog post. In 2013, I'd like to experiment with tweeting posts out more than once, possibly creating a Facebook page for my blog, look into utilizing Pinterest more, and share on LinkedIn when appropriate.
- Comment On Other Blogs. This year I am going to make a goal of commenting on three blogs per week, including commenting on a new blog once a month.
- Enhance SEO. In February I will be attending the regional Ag Chat Foundation conference in Rochester, Minnesota. One of the break-out sessions I'm looking forward to the most is tips on Search Engine Optimization (SEO). I know this is something I need to work on for my blog.
- Utilize Followers. This year I want to explore ways of utilizing my followers. This could mean having guest bloggers, or guest blogging myself on others' blogs.
Here's to a great year of blogging! Do you blog? What are your goals for this year?
|Me with Darcy Maulsby and Heather Lilienthal at the #140ConfAgIowa|
Some great #AgNerd friends I have gained through blogging
Great Goals- I cannot wait to see what your January 2014 post looks like!ReplyDelete
Good goals Val... I may have to steal this one from you this time.ReplyDelete
P.S. I remember taking that picture at 140. #FunTimes :)
The pressure is on! I hope the SEO session at the AgChat regional conference meets your expectations. Katie Pinke (thepinkepost.com) is leading it and she does a fantastic job.ReplyDelete
My blogging goals this year are: better pictures, better SEO (you can always make that better) and more real life connections with my readers.