* This post is sponsored by Apple Week and sponsors Rodelle Vanilla and The Spice House. All views and opinions shared are my own. *
#AppleWeek is here and I'm excited to be sharing my Baked Apple Donuts recipe with you! If you have never made homemade donuts before this is a great recipe to try, plus each bites tastes like fall.
I love trying out different kitchen gadgets and tools, so for Christmas last year I asked for a donut pan. I've been having fun creating different donut recipes ever since and these Baked Apple Donuts are no different.
The apple cider and applesauce give the donut great flavor, plus keep the cake soft and moist. The Spice House's Cake Spice, a blend of cinnamon, star anise, nutmeg, allspice, ginger and cloves, reminds you of fall and the Rodelle Vanilla glaze is the perfect sweet topping!
Baked Apple Donuts
2 1/2 cups Flour
1 cup Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp The Spice House Cake Spice
1 tsp Salt
2 cup Apple Cider
1/2 cup Applesauce
2 tsp Rodelle Vanilla
Vanilla Cider Glaze:
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 Tbsp Rodelle Vanilla
1 Tbsp Apple Cider
The Spice House Vanilla Sugar
In a saucepan bring the apple cider to a boil for about 15 minutes, or until it is reduced by half. Let the cider cool completely.
Whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cake spice and salt). Then mix in the rest of the batter ingredients (1 cup cooled reduced apple cider, applesauce, eggs and vanilla).
Spray your donut pan with cooking oil and pipe the batter into each mold. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes. Let the donuts cool and then dip the top of each in the glaze (powdered sugar, vanilla and apple cider whisked together). Sprinkle each donut with vanilla sugar. Yields 18 donuts.
There is just something about Apple Donuts in the fall and I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I do! This donut recipe is easy to make and my kids literally wait at the table til I say they can have one. What recipe do you love making with your kids or grandkids? Remember to Comment for a Cause!
|Miss L making sure no glaze goes to waste|
Be sure to follow the #AppleWeek hashtag on all social channels this week to see over 200 apple recipes created, including today's recipes:
- Apple & Lentil Andouille Crockpot Stew by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Apples and Chai Smoothie by Our Good Life
- Apple Cider Cutout Cookies by Kate's Recipe Box
- Apple Cider Pancakes by Family Around the Table
- Apple Cinnamon Pull Aparts by The Freshman Cook
- Apple Crepes by Caroline's Cooking
- Apple Crisp Ebelskivers by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Apple Fritter Monkey Bread by Mildly Meandering
- Apple Herb Stuffed Pork Chops by West Via Midwest
- Apple Pudding by The Anthony Kitchen
- Apple Raisin Oatmeal Cookies by The Monday Box
- Apple Cinnamon Scones with Maple Sugar Butter by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Apple Stuffed Chicken Breast by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Apple Upside Down Cake by Lemon Blossoms
- Appledoodle Cookies by Cookaholic Wife
- Applesauce Coffee Cake by An Affair from the Heart
- Applesauce Muffins by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Baked Apple Donuts by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apples by Simple and Savory
- Bourbon Apple Pecan Bread Pudding by Soulfully Made
- Caramel Apple Crumb Cake by The Redhead Baker
- Caramel Apple Jam by Books n' Cooks
- Gingersnapple Tart by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Chicken Salad Apple Bites by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Dutch Apple Cobbler with Cheesecake Topping by Who Needs a Cape?
- Dutch Apple Coffee Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- German Apple Pancakes with Cider Syrup by House of Nash Eats
- Grilled Cheddar Cheese with Apples and Hatch Chile Hot Sauce by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- One Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken and Apples by Jonesin' for Taste
- Oven Roasted Apple Butter by Savory Moments
- Salted Caramel Apple Crumble by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Savory Skillet Chicken and Apples by Cooking With Carlee
- Skillet Pork Chops with Apples and Bacon by The Anthony Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Pork with Apples by Palatable Pastime
- Sugar Free Apple Pie with Crumble Topping by Tip Garden
- White Cheddar and Apple Chicken Chili by 4 Sons R Us
- Vegan Caramel Apple Galette by The Baking Fairy
And don't forget to sign up for our Apple Week giveaway:
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts.