These Easy Apple Dumplings are flaky, sweet and baked in a buttery brown sugar sauce. They are a miniature version of the classic and easy for all ages to eat.
When I was in high school I worked at a restaurant and one of the top selling desserts was their apple dumplings. They baked them every weekend and the smell was heavenly. The only downfall of the apple dumpling I felt was that it was so big! A lot of times patrons shared the dessert because of its size. So to make the classic fall dessert easier to eat, I made this mini slice version, which is a big plus for my kids.
Each apple slice is rolled in cinnamon sugar, then wrapped in a crescent roll, and then rolled again in cinnamon sugar. This gives each slice lots of flavor and gives each mini dumpling a crunchy, sugary top.
Then, the dumplings are baked in my go-to butter brown sugar sauce. The sauce seeps into each dumpling slice and you'll want to be sure to scrape up a spoon full to drizzle on top.
Easy Apple Dumplings
2 Apples (I recommend Honey Crisp or Gala)
2 cans (8 oz - 8 rolls) Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Granulated Sugar
1 Tbsp Cinnamon, ground
1/2 cup Butter
1 cup Imperial Sugar Brown Sugar
1 cup Vanilla Ice Cream
Cut, core and peel each apple into eight slices. Combine the cinnamon and sugar and roll each apple slice in the mixture. Then wrap each apple slice in one crescent roll triangle. Make sure to seal and pinch the dough around each slice. Roll each crescent apple slice in the cinnamon sugar and place in a 9" x 13" baking pan.
In a small sauce pan melt the butter, brown sugar and ice cream. Mix thoroughly and then bring to boil for 1 minute. Pour the butter brown sugar sauce over the apple dumpling slices. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and then serve immediately.
I have had so much fun participating in #AppleWeek again this year and I hope you've enjoyed checking out all of my recipes. Which one was your favorite? My Baked Apple Donuts? Maybe my Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip? Or maybe this one, my Easy Apple Dumplings? Remember to Comment for a Cause and check out the other apple recipes shared today:
- Apple, Bacon and Caramelized Onion Pizza by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Apple Bakewell Tart by Books n' Cooks
- Apple Cider Pulled Pork with Apple Slaw by Simple and Savory
- Apple Cinnamon Baklava by Kate's Recipe Box
- Apple Cream Pie with Oatmeal Crust by Savory Moments
- Easy Apple Crisp Pie with Oats by The Anthony Kitchen
- Apple Gingerbread Cakelets by The Monday Box
- Apple Oatmeal Muffins by House of Nash Eats
- Apple Pie Crepes by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Apple Pie Moonshine by Cookaholic Wife
- Apple Snack Cake by Caroline's Cooking
- Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash by Palatable Pastime
- Baked Apple Donuts with Oatmeal Crumble Topping by Girl Abroad
- Baked Cinnamon Apple Doughnuts by Jonesin' For Taste
- Braised Chicken with Apples by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buttery Apple Streusel Thumbprint Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Caramel Apple Stuffed Waffles by 4 Sons R Us
- Caramel Apple Cider Vodka Slush Cocktail by Everyday Eileen
- Caramel Drizzled Apple Pie Egg Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Chai Apple Multigrain Pancakes by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Chai-Spiced Baked Apple Oatmeal by The Redhead Baker
- Crumbly Apple Cranberry Casserole by Who Needs a Cape
- Easy Apple Dumplings by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Gingered Apple Trifles by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Individual Apple Croissant Bread Pudding by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Instant Pot Applesauce by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Marlborough Apple Custard Pie by Karen's Kitchn Stories
- Maple Apple Crisp by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Overnight Apple Pie Steel Cut Oatmeal by Tip Garden
- Prairie Apple Crunch by Family Around the Table
- Ricotta Tart with Apples and Prosciutto by Cooking With Carlee
- Shaved Apple Salad by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Spiced Apple Cider Charlotte Cake by Love and Confections
- Vegan Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls by The Baking Fairy
And don't forget to sign up for our Apple Week giveaway! I have to say, Imperial Sugar was such a generous sponsor of this year's #AppleWeek and I'd love for one of my readers to have their holiday baking sugar needs taken care of by winning their prize package of a case of granulated sugar (40 pounds), a case of brown sugar (24 pounds), a silicone baking mat and an apron! Be sure to check out all of the prize packs and sign up below:
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts.